Monday, August 24, 2015

Simplicity 1316

I have never sewn princess seam before and was curious to try it. After looking at various patterns I decided on trying a simple top Simplicity 1316. Went with view B but without the trims. For fabric I went with this silky material in my stash. I think it is some kind of polyester mix. Not a fan of this fabric as it is unraveling like crazy.

This pattern has many neckline variations and it does not have a set in sleeve. So it is a very easy beginner pattern. The instructions are very clear and I was able to cut and sew the blouse in  day. Because the fabric frays so much I finished every seam with a zigzag. All in all a very easy sew.






How it looks on me is another story. I think this style is more suited for thinner figures. I am not sure if it is the princess seam or if it is the fabric I feel that it is ballooning esp in the chest area and is not very flattering on me.

I still enjoyed sewing this. I really like the neck, I think facing makes the neck look nicely finished. Looking for suggestions on if it might look better if I go up one size.

No comments:

Post a Comment