Thursday, June 18, 2015

June MAGAM McCalls M5978

June MAGAM calls for using a fabric from your stash. I have a very small stash and it has no knit fabric in it. So I am being adventurous or stupid :) and using a woven fabric for a knit pattern M5978  - A cardigan. I will be doing view D without the embellishment, This fabric is from the clearance aisle, bought it a couple of years back. It frays badly and I am hoping that a zigzag stitch will help fraying at the seams. Am not sure how to prevent fraying at the armhole area, maybe someone more experienced can give me a tip.

I am planning to cut a size bigger and also going to compare finished garment size to figure out the knit vs woven dilemma . Wish me luck :)




2 comments:

  1. This is going to be lovely. I agree with you about cutting out a size larger. Did the fabric shrink much after you pretreated it? I have never used a seam stabilizer, but that might be worth checking into. Just getting back into sewing after many of years, and things have changed so much, so can't offer much help. Looking forward to seeing your Cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to the embroidery as well? You did not tell me you are doing a new one? Did you work on this weekend? Waiting to hear

    ReplyDelete